Gentlemen, welcome- to die!

Nerd Rage is a blog dedicated to providing original, opinion-based articles, reviews, and podcasts on the current world of video games.

Search This Blog

Click here for the latest update!

The Ten: Updated Wednesdays-Fridays-Sundays

Wednesday, January 23, 2013

The Hype Begins ONCE MORE. Or, let's talk about X, or Xenoblade 2?

Hold on to your pants, kids.
OH.

OH.

MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

So as you're likely all aware, Xenoblade Chronicles is one of my favorite games of all time. It's fun to traverse, it's fun to battle, and it has enough content to last a good chunk of time. But now, I fear I'll have to restart my game. I seriously could. I love the game that much that I could go back on my seventy-hour playthrough just to go through it again... in preparation for X.

So the battle system is similar. The environments are huge. But... there's mechs. MECHS! YES!

And that's pretty much all we know about it. But from what we saw, it's evident that this game takes many cues from Xenoblade. It's hotkey special attacks are neatly arranged, and the environments look as memorable as ever. Of course, it could also take cues from Xenosaga, with the mech influence. But just the look and feel of this game hits all the high points Xenoblade had... and it also has mechs.

There is, of course, the curious blonde-haired character seen at the end of the trailer. Could it be Shulk? The art style is certainly a drastic departure, so this guy could be anyone. But his resemblance, especially in regards to the last-released title, is quite uncanny, and though Monolith said they were going in a new direction, maybe Nintendo made an executive decision to turn Xenoblade into a series.

Who can say? All I know is this: the teaser is awesome. I want the game now. I'll play it, I'll love it. I will be happy with another Monolith RPG in the future.

No comments:

Blog Archive